Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dressing for the Cold







All the snow that fell a few days ago is now gone. With the rising temperatures and falling rain it just sort of washed away. However the forecast does call for some rather chilly weather for the next several days. We'll need to dig those hats and gloves back out of the closet, or where ever else we left them, and make sure to dress warm. Boots are a plus too. Although you don't necessarily need to wear them when you go shopping, they are handy to have in the car in case you end up in a ditch or snowbank. Don't laugh, it could happen to you. Scarves are great fashion accessories but they have another purpose too. They can actually help keep your lower face from feezing should you be forced to walk any distance in the frigid temperatures, say per chance your car is in a ditch. Jackets are also a must and can double as a blanket if you are stranded in your car during a white out. (Don't forget to keep a chocolate bar in the pocket. These help not only with PMS but can give you a little energy to keep warm also.) Oh yes, one last word of advice. This is for the younger crowd who think it wise to wear shorts when the temperatures are 20 degrees below freezing. Please wear long pants as frostbite is no fun.

6 comments:

  1. So I can wear boots when shopping? Or should I go shopping for boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you better go shopping for boots, and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! And your wise advice...all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always cold. Usually I have long underwear and several pairs of socks on.

    You sound like a mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. In spite of the fact that I'm always cold I don't tend to dress for the weather. And I did get caught once - stuck in a friend's driveway in a nasty blizzard. I didn't have boots, or a hat, or scarf, or mittens - I'm not even sure I had a real coat! (Maybe a fleece!) I was FREEZING as I attempted to dig and push my way out of her driveway... You would THINK I would have learned my lesson....

    ReplyDelete