Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Day is Done


It was another beautiful sunny day, a great day to go for an orchard walk, but we didn't. Somehow I don't think much about walking at this time of year. I guess I'm still expecting bone-chilling winds and monster snow drifts when I wake up each morning. Instead the grass is green and the geese are hanging out at the pond up the road. (I knew I heard them squawking in the orchard last night.) My brain is programmed for snow in the winter and this nice weather is putting a glitch in the system. Let me assure you, this isn't really a complaint. My house stays much cleaner when I don't have to deal with melting snow and I'm not much on stepping in ice cold puddles with clean dry socks either. Scraping ice off my windshield is not my favorite job, nor is pushing a grocery cart through a slushy parking lot. It's just that it has taken me forty years to finally accept the perils and pitfalls of winter. What ever will I do if the snow and nasty weather decide to make a comeback? I finally gave in two years ago and bought myself some snow boots. What if they never get used again? Is Ben's inflatable sled destined to be a pool toy? If I get rid of everything winter will winter come back? (My goodness! I think I need to go to bed!)

4 comments:

  1. I have similar thoughts... I just said to my husband, I feel sorry for the snowplowing guys. They don't make money this year!!
    (fine with me, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you recovered? You were beginning to sound quite panicked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor sleepy kitty! LOL! Hope you are doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My snow shovel is out on my porch. I'm convinced that this is what is keeping the snow away. And I'm quite content I will say.

    ReplyDelete