Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Take Off, Eh!

This morning when I looked out the back door, I saw that a small flock of Canada geese had descended upon Teal Lake. They are quite a bit larger and noisier than the ducks which usually congregate out there. You can see that the water really isn't too deep by the fact that one of them is standing out of the water (far left). Unfortunately, geese do not like having their picture taken any more than ducks and after capturing a few shots, I heard the sound of beating wings as they took off across the road and into the orchard leaving behind a small band of ducks. I suppose the ducks felt they were far enough away from me to be safe.

The temperature outside today felt much colder and we even saw some snow this morning but it didn't stick around. The ground is still much to wet and warm and unless the temperature really drops or we get a good amount of snow dumped on us, I think it will melt rather quickly. The forecast is calling for 8-18 inches of snow tonight but that remains to be seen. I, for one, am not holding my breath.

14 comments:

  1. It sure is chilly today. I satrted to take Jake for a walk, but I turned around and came home before I got too far. Tomorrow is also supposed to be cold, but then it's back up into the 40's, so I'm not going to hold my breath either. But maybe you guys will be able to go sledding tomorrow, who knows.

    How nice to have such entertainment right out your window! Too bad they're so camera shy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the weather here has taken a turn to the cold side. No snow in the forecast that I know of though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our snow usually comes off Lake Ontario, one of the many blessing of the Great Lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8-18" wow. We'll see. It's cold here about 15 degrees. No snow predictions that I know of.

    I only met one Canadian who said "eh" a lot. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband's family is Canadian. They say "eh" all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stilla prayen everyday for your snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! We have snow this morning. I don't think it's any 10 inches or anything, but the ground is covered. Very pretty, huh Shelly?

    (Thanks T!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. okay so no snow for shelly?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we get snow, Shelly gets snow. (Unless Shelly moves away and we don't really want that to happen.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. unless she moves to oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've got at least 10" out here... And we're only 20 minutes from you. Sledding anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't really know how much snow we got. It's kinda hard to tell when it's blowing like this. The wind tends to make some spots deeper than others.

    Thanks Beth, but I think I'll wait for a less windy day to go sledding.

    ReplyDelete