Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow Business


This morning I felt as though I were living in a giant snowglobe. The flakes outside were big and fluffy, coming down like soap flakes in an old movie and piling up quickly. The icicles continue to grow on the eaves and I continue to feed wood into the stove. It doesn't feel as cold today as yesterday and the kids are able to go out and play without freezing too quickly. It's excellent sledding weather. I hope the kids can find a good hill across the street because I'm not much on standing out in the snow and I'm getting too old to fly down a hill on a piece of plastic. One good bounce on the tailbone will cure you of wanting to go sledding for years! Honestly, I will muster up the courage to get the kids out there when we have a chance. After all they have so much fun and you're only a kid once.

4 comments:

  1. How are all your bumps and bruises from your slide down your steps? I think going down a hill on a piece of plastic would be a lot better, but I know what you mean about the bumps. If we could only be guaranteed that it would always be a smooth ride, that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bruise is still there and slightly tender at times. Yes, I think sledding is probably a much safer way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids want to go sledding too... UGH! But, maybe it won't be so bad so long as I have my camera. It does make things better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took mine just a few blocks from our house. I was able to sit in a warm car!

    ReplyDelete