Monday, January 29, 2007

Headaches


This morning I woke up with a headache. I figured it must be a caffeine headache since I felt as though someone had hit me over the head with a 2x4 and then given me a few good kicks. I really wanted to curl up in a ball and hide under the covers but I knew that in order to get some relief I would have to find some caffeine and then hope for the best. Besides, I really should be up and at least slightly resembling a human being when Bryan drops Troy off at the house. After a half a cup of coffee and an Excederin, I was feeling a little bit better, but because I was so tense I took a Benadryl (I'm not a drug addict, really!). For about an hour I felt pretty good. Troy, Hannah, and I made a batch of peanut butter cookies and I had most of them baked when I started feeling rather spacey. My headached had gone from feeling like a caffeine headache to more of a migraine feeling headache. I had to find a place to lay down so while Ben and Hannah worked on school, I put in a Veggie Tales video for Troy and I curled up on the couch. I made it through the day and my headache is mostly gone now. I have these days every once in a while. Most likely I'll sleep well tonight and be fine by morning, at least I hope so.

10 comments:

  1. Glad that the headache is mostly gone! I hate days like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it wasn't much fun and leaves me feeling like I've been drained of all energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there and it isn't fun. I hope your all better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey druggie, now I know why everyone sleeps at your house! you slip them benadryl in their coffee or tea. I am sorry you have bad headaches... coffee or what is in it is good for them, but if you don't like coffee the green or black tea have more in them than coffee. and are tastey too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just teasing about the druggie part just in case some one takes it wrong when reading it..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. The problem is that I love the coffee. But... when I mess up the scheduled caffeine intake, the resulting headache is unbearable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yuck! I hate it when my friends are sick! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry you felt so lousy. Hope you are back to normal.

    ReplyDelete