Friday, January 05, 2007

Gloomy


It's a rather gloomy looking kind of day. The clouds are low and the air is misty. It isn't cold but it is damp and that makes me feel chilled. I'm glad I went for that walk yesterday while the sun was shining. Last night I woke up to hear the sound of rain on the roof and wondered how deep the snow would be if this was a normal cold winter. Instead of accumulating snow, the dandelions are growing. Can you believe it? I found this little guy smiling up at me out in the orchard yesterday, a little splash of color in the grass. And he wasn't the only one. I did not, however, see any apple blossoms, which is a good thing. The little tree that was trying so hard to flower back in October (http://justseven.blogspot.com/2006/10/confused.html) is bare and empty now too, hopefully waiting for spring to blossom again. I'm looking forward to spring too, when I won't have to wonder anymore why the weather is so wonderfully warm.

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving it! :) Brett said they are predicting that this will be the warmest year ever here. So hopefully besides an extremly mild winter we'll also have a nice summer to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today would've been a great day to scrapbook if I wasn't so busy. I think I sneezed about a hundred times today, so after talking with you I decided it was time to open the windows to air out my house, and dust like crazy. It felt wonderful to have the fresh air in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we had the same kind of weather today...and it was so foggy when I came home. I could barely see the bridge that I have to drive over. LOL at the poor dandelion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear the trees will be okay if we at least get a month's worth of cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this weather, Feels like spring in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. same here! Our tulips and crokusses are peeking out of the ground!
    I didn't see dandellions though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay we will trade you I don't like the freezing weather! to hard on the bones! it is like cold with no snow... now warm with no snow would be acceptable.LOL.

    ReplyDelete