Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Where Have I Been?

Regular blogging takes a kind of concentration that is almost absent most days, but I'm still here. By the time I come upstairs at night, my mind and body are tired and my thoughts jumbled, as they are tonight. I've been feeling a little "off" lately, but today was some better. I'm not entirely sure what threw me off kilter, but I think I'm gradually getting to centered again.

Speaking of being centered, my pottery class was this evening. Night 6 of 8. Two more and the class is over. I have no new photographs to share. I've felt a bit out of my element this time around but tonight was a tad better. I actually pulled a decent sized cylinder, even if it did eventually collapse. I'd been feeling pretty discouraged with pottery so this is a ray of hope.

Sunday afternoon found me taking a long drive to a picnic at the home of my cousin Deb. There was a little bit of a celebration in honor of Aunt Mary and Uncle Chuck's birthdays and wedding anniversary. Looking back in the "Blog Files" leads me to conclude this was number 62. Aunt Mary is struggling and I am sad to see her looking so different from how she will always be remembered, always smiling and full of life. These are my only remaining aunt and uncle. Everyone else if gone...

I took my camera along to the party, left it in my car, went back out to get it, and then put it back again. I just didn't feel at ease snapping pictures of family members who hardly know me and didn't want to make uncomfortable those who do. So much has changed since the old gatherings... (Perhaps this is part of why I am feeling off. My heart hurts just writing this.) Anyway, a pair of robins had built their nest under the eave of the house and on top of a downspout. The momma and poppa birds were tag-teaming the feeding of their little family. Needless to say I went back for my camera.


4 comments:

  1. Family dynamics can be so difficult sometimes.
    I'm glad you went anyway and even though it was sad to see how your aunt has struggled it was still good to be there and show support.
    Love the photo of the robin.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to be there. And it was where I needed to be on Sunday. The robins were an extra blessing.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Sue said it so well. Family dynamics are not always plesant. How sad your aunt is not well. Wonderful they have made it to "62". That is a milestone for any couple.
    Love your photo of the robbin. We have a second family of doves on the window ledge. Just take a picture of the two new babies and we have a hummingbird nest in the tree by the balcony. Love watching God's creation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 62 is definitely a milestone! Not so very long ago it was my Uncle Chuck who we were afraid for. I remember praying the Lord would spare him for the sake of my mother... and He did.

      A hummingbird nest?! That's incredible! How fun. I am so grateful for my years on the farm and the ability to soak in all of those blessings. What a gift it was!
      Love you much!

      Delete