Sunday, March 21, 2021

This Weekend

 The weather has been absolutely gorgeous! What a weekend! It was so beautiful today that Sergio and I opened up the garage and dragged the picnic table out into the driveway for today's gathering of my kids and grandchildren. (It's my birthday tomorrow...) The afternoon was filled with food, fun, and action. They are loud, they are crazy, and they are wild. They are also mostly boys. Ha! It was beautiful and I am blessed beyond measure.

Yesterday was also lovely. My friend Gail picked me up late in the morning and we drove toward Syracuse to take part in a Quarter Auction fundraiser. There were plenty of lovely things to bid on, and we bid on plenty, but the drawings for the winners were random and we didn't win a thing, Ha ha! It was still fun and I would definitely do it again.

Back to work tomorrow. I stocked up on Birthday Cake Oreos to bring in for a treat.  I'm still counting birthdays backward and I'm all the way down to 33 again! It's quite fabulous!!! 



6 comments:

  1. Counting birthdays backwards? Now there's a good idea. I might start this year, lol. What darling little boys. We have five grandchildren, all boys, and all beautiful. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Counting backward is magnificent!!! Although I almost gave up a few years back when my eldest and I met in the middle. James and I were just 17 when he was born so I was down to his age in no time at all as he was still counting up. LOL! I am up to 15 grandchildren (13 boys and 2 girls) with another 2 due this spring and summer. The next one is a girl. Yes, they are all beautiful.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. ...what a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!
      Can't beat a March weekend like the past one.

      Delete
  3. Those kind of weekends are treasures.
    It sounds like so much fun.
    Wishing you a very happy birthday and I know the kiddos will love the Oreo treats.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And everyone enjoyed the Oreos. Even the babies.
      :0)

      Delete