Monday, March 15, 2021

Bits and Pieces

 * We had some unseasonably warm weather last week, but by the weekend the temperatures had dropped back down to normal. I could be disappointed, but I know the fruit farmers are relieved and so I am too. Saturday was cool but sunny. I went for a long walk along the Cayuga Seneca Canal with my sister Priscilla and her brother and sister in law. Then Priscilla and I went to Sauder's, ate a late lunch, and bought some treats.

* I stopped at the lake Sunday afternoon and found an icy wind blowing, but the lake ice had melted. Cold wave battered Only the shore and pier were still dressed in ice and snow.

* I changed my clock early Saturday evening and woke late for church. On Sunday night I set my alarm to rise early this morning, and then woke up with barely enough time to squeeze in a shower. (But I did anyway.) I was so tired at work that I went to sleep on my break, and didn't hear my alarm then either. Thankfully I was not late getting back in.

* Summer is on the way and I am making vacation plans. (I'm kind of excited.) I've never planned a real vacation before, especially not a solo vacation. This one will take me back to a piece of my childhood. It's a rare and beautiful opportunity that I don't want to miss.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Martha, I just went on Google maps to find Cayuga, and smiled to see you are not so very far from my daughter who lives over the border and up the road from Kingston, Ontario. Somehow that brings me closer to her, while I wonder if I will ever get to visit her again. I hope you are safe and I love your icy lake views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Patricia. Kingston, Ontario is not so very far away from here. Here's hoping the boarder opens up again soon and your daughter is able to travel.
      Thank you for stopping by to enjoy my photographs. Hopefully the icy days are behind us for the season. Safe and well. I hope you are too.

      Delete
  2. Happy planning...that sounds so wonderful for you.
    Your made me cold just looking at these pictures.
    Hope the time change finally catches up with your body..It hasn't for me yet either.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun to look around online and talk to friends about the possibilities in the area I will be visiting. I need to keep a list to look back on.
      My mind and body are slowly acclimating to the time change, and my work schedule is looking a little bit more "normal" at the moment. We'll see if it lasts. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Oh what a chilly view of the lake! It's a force to be reckoned with, that lake. (I've been to Kingston, Ontario!)(My sister has two daughters who married Canadians, she hasn't seen them, or their newest little babies born last year, it's ridiculous!, and sad!). I can't wait to hear the details of the vacation plans!!!! Planning is half the fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lake was chilly, but the good new is that those are whitecaps and not ice paddies. Spring is coming!

      I can't imagine not being able to see my kids and grandkids because of the border being closed. Totally bizarre!

      Yes, planning is half the fun. Hard to believe it will all be over and done with in no time at all. I shall savor each and every moment of the planning and the doing.

      Delete