Monday, March 23, 2020

The Mind Doesn't Rest

* I had an online therapist appointment on Saturday morning. Something new, different, and distracting. It went okay, and the pain running down the side of my neck and across the top of my shoulder dissipated gradually throughout the day. That's a plus. I told him I think my anxieties come out in pain. Rather than feeling anxious emotionally, my body ties itself in knots.

* Idris and I  took a cold walk around the block Saturday afternoon.

* Sunday was my birthday. We had church online. I was showered, dressed, and had my coffee in hand when it was time for the service to begin. This time I was alone in my room. Maybe next week I'll invite my daughter. Hannah and I took an afternoon walk to the village and back with Idris, and made pizza when we returned. There were chocolate cupcakes for my birthday, and then we watched "What About Bob" after the child went to bed. It was a different kind of birthday, but a good one just the same.

* This morning I got up half an hour late and missed my shower (again). I set my alarm for 5 pm instead of am. I may never learn, but I wasn't late. We had four babies today, four toddlers, and three 3-4 year olds. I made sloppy joes for lunch and headed home at 12:30 pm.

* After a little nap, Hannah, Idris, and I planted a garden in our front window. My dad would flip if he knew I glued the flowers to the glass. Ha ha! It looks cheery and is making us smile. Perhaps it will bring a smile to someone else's face as well. There are lots of people out walking when the weather cooperates.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are managing this crazy time in our lives. I hope this quarantine does not last long or there will be a part of me that will need therapy, as I can't stand missing out on some many small trips with my grand doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it doesn't last too long as well, but we must do what is best for everyone. I feel like I am missing out too.

      Delete
  2. Your "window garden" is gorgeous. Such a happy perk, great project for all of you to do together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked so pretty when we returned from out walk this afternoon.
      :0)

      Delete