Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Surrender

Sometimes during the day, when I'm away from my computer, I think of blog posts, but by the time I get home I've usually forgotten them. Such is the case today. (What a waste. Ha ha!) Not to worry. It will likely come back to me in the middle of the night only to be lost again by morning like a forgotten dream.

The atmosphere at work is somewhat tense. I don't know how long it will take until everything feels normal again...

The mental stressors piled up enough for me to reach out to "Betty" this evening. She said she'd been thinking of me today. "If you get a quiet moment this evening, can you kneel by your bed, hash it out with the Lord, and dump it in His lap?" Ah, yes. This is a little bit like letting go, isn't it? And "Surrender" is what I need to do most. So many things I need to let go. Which is probably why it took me half an hour to find my box of empty checks that used to be in my dresser drawer. So much stuff to look through...

I came home tonight, even though I got out a little early. The pottery studio might have felt good, but I needed to come home. And that was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment