Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Weekend

The weekend is over and it went by much too fast. I got my laundry washed and folded, but my room is an utter disaster (again). Ha ha! Story of my life.

I worked from 9 am til 6 pm on Friday, came home exhausted, and put myself to bed early. I found Sergio and Idris playing soccer in the backyard when I same inside and sneaked back out for my camera to snap a few pictures before they knew I was there. "I make a goal," he said as he ran through the grass with the ball. He is doing great for a little guy not quite three.

I had an appoint- ment Saturday morning and then met my sister at her house. It was too beautiful to be inside, so we took a walk by the Erie Canal in Pittsford, NY. So pretty. Maybe another time we'll take a boat ride.

Today, after church and Sunday School (I went to both!), I drove out to Williamson to find Number Nine at Abuela's house where he'd been for the morning, and took him home with me. We took a nap and then went out to the Fireman's Park to play for an hour or two. Hannah and Sergio had taken a day trip for their anniversary which is why the grandmas were watching the child.

Tomorrow it us back to the kitchen and all my little friends. I believe grilled cheese is on the menu, and that should make everyone happy.


4 comments:

  1. Grilled cheese always makes everyone here happy.

    I'm glad you are able to get out and enjoy the last of the summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grilled cheese is the perfect comfort food, especially when it comes with tomato soup!
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend with family and getting out in beautiful nature.
    Grilled Cheese always makes me happy too.
    Yummm, now I'm hungry for one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am always hungry for grilled cheese.
      :0)

      Delete