Monday, September 30, 2019

Unalarmed

I managed to get up on time this morning. It was still dark, my alarm went off, and I was not late. On my way to work my mind went back to the fiasco that was Sunday morning...

I had no plans for Saturday so when my sister Priscilla called and asked what I was doing, I answered her, "Nothing." She inquired as to whether we might do nothing together, and it sounded like a fabulous idea to me. After a little back and forth conversation, we agreed that I would take a ride out to her house and I set off that direction.

We did quite a bit of "nothing" while trying to decide what kind of "something" to do. We had a bit of lunch together, and then took a walk to Main Street and went in a couple of shops. First we wandered through True Lily which was absolutely fabulous! An entire shop full of whimsical do-dads and artistry! We looked and talked, and talked and looked. I found all kinds of wonderful things, but only came home with one gift for a small boy who will be five in just a couple of weeks. Before heading back to Priscilla's house, we crossed Main Street and went into a second shop where enjoyed looking, but didn't buy anything. Back at the house we decided to watch a movie, ate a little dinner, and then I headed home. It had been a very nice visit.

The house was empty when I arrived home in Webster, and quiet and still when I climbed the stairs and crawled into bed. It was late when I heard my people come home, and I drifted off to sleep only to awake in a panic next morning when I discovered I would be late for work for the second time in less than a week! Except that I wasn't.

I don't go out to Priscilla's house often, but when I do go, it is typically a Sunday afternoon. We usually visit for a while and have some dinner before I go home. When I returned home Saturday night, my mind imagined it was Sunday night instead of Saturday, leaving me in a state of panic and confusion when morning arrived. Ha ha! And here I thought I was losing my marbles...

3 comments:

  1. So glad your Saturday was so nice with your sister.
    You made me smile because since we started going to church on Sat. nights after 60 some years of Sunday church...Hubby and I are often not sure of what day it is too. Sunday can sometimes be so loooong that we think its who knows what day Change is hard when one is as Old as Dirt !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how ingrained our minds become with what we consider ordinary activities. I knew it was Saturday on Saturday, but sometime after falling asleep I must have gotten totally confused. It's reminiscent of Thanksgiving week when there are way too many Saturdays in a row!
      :0)

      Delete
    2. HaHa..I like that...too many Saturdays in a row...

      Delete