Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wintery Weather

I went out to the store this morning and the weather, although chilly, was mild. Something happened not long after my return home and it is downright nasty out there right now. Cold wind, driving rain... Brrrr! I'm glad I'm home and tucked inside my warm house.

Jasmine has gone missing once again. I let her out just before we left for church Sunday evening. James mentioned how we need to keep an eye on her or she'd disappear, and when I wasn't paying attention she took off. We talked to Mike this morning and he hasn't seen her in a few days. I had been hoping she was up there keeping him company. The boys drove around the orchard but came home without any answers. If she doesn't show up soon I'll have to call the dog warden. I know there are people out there who will say she should be contained, and you are right, but we have twice installed an underground fence only to have it stop working. With James' busy schedule we haven't had a chance to install the board fence and besides, for the past seven years she has been more than happy to hang around out in the yard. Well, until lately...

This afternoon, while the boys were out looking for Jazz, Hannah helped me cut up and peel all my macintosh apples. They are bubbling into a nice mess (literally, it's all over the stove) of applesauce. I just turned the burners off because I smelled something burning. It boiled out from under the pan lids and ran down the sides to the burners. I guess it's time for me to clean up the stove and heat up some jars and lids.

6 comments:

  1. I hope Jazz returns soon. I'd hate for her to just turn up missing and us never know what happened to her. I hope she's being treated well.

    Oooh yummy, homemade applesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr, missing dogs and applesauced burners. I worry about Jazz. I hate to clean stoves, don't want to be you right now. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid dog... She better stop going away without asking first. I hope she comes home. I like her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am going to take a long winter nap now.. :) Thanks Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping Jazz comes back soon. Maybe the cold weather will do the trick.

    Your apple cooking sounds delicious. I have a few left from the apple picking outing a few weeks ago. I've been cutting them up and putting them into muffins, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How terrible, a missing pooch. Last time she was missing she came back home to greet me when I came over....

    ReplyDelete