Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Squashed!

A fierce and unrelenting wind has assailed our home since late last night. It's a wonder any leaves are left on the tree branches but some still cling tenaciously. I'm not sure why but they refuse to give up and release their grip. I guess there is just enough life left for them to hang on.

I must have been hearing the wind in my sleep last night because I dreamt of hurricanes and tornadoes. We had just arrived on a beach in Florida and black clouds were rolling in. We ran for cover and ended up inside some kind of building much like a hotel. We needed to get down in the basement but could only go in one at a time. I needed to get our pillows and ended up getting into line somewhat late. The basement was very nice with carpeted stairs and there was plenty of room. Still I had this fear that I wasn't going to be allowed down. Needless to say, I woke up tired.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds more like a nightmare than a dream. Did you get a nap in today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did, in fact I slept too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams can be so real. My husband had one other night that shook him up.... but it was just a dream.

    Love all your pumpkins....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my oh my....
    I hope you had a better night last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night I dreamed that this city/amusement park kept having terrible attacks on it - people with guns would come it and the shooting would begin. This happened every day in this place but no news of it ever spread. The many policemen there were not armed and I knew that the cities governing body was behind it all. I was going to find out the truth... then I got attacked myself. Then I woke up. Fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked out today expecting damage, but instead my lawn looked pretty clear of leaves, a miracle I would say. I hate those dreams that stress your night, as if there isn't enough during the day to do that! I hope you have a better night tonight.

    ReplyDelete