Thursday, October 09, 2008

A Piece of Quiet

It is Thursday afternoon. The sun shines bright, the air is warm, and a slight smell of smoke drifts through the air. The house is quiet today. Troy is napping; Ben and Hannah are gone to a class. If I didn't have to be home, I think I would have gone out galavanting today. It is one of those perfect fall days that calls, beckons, and begs me to go out into the sunshine... to stop at the farm market... to take a walk in the woods... to stop at the lake and dip my toes in the icy water... I hope tomorrow is as nice.

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! It's supposed to be like this for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for you to have nice fall weather. We have rain, and more rain, snow in the mountains. :(
    Hope you get out tomorrow and take your camera. :) Share! They tell me it's good for the soul...? Dear Dad, can you hear me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read the last few posts. Catching up. Sounds like you have been having fun. Gotta check out the Hobby Lobby sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was so beautiful here, too. Not as fallish as what you are describing, though. It was a perfect day to sit and watch a boys' soccer game:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the way you write, and the pictures you show...to take me out of CA and put me into your life.

    ReplyDelete