Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Paint Job

Every night, when I'm alseep in bed, God takes another swipe at the trees with his giant paintbrush. As lovely as the greens of spring are, the golds and oranges of autumn are still my favorite. I never tire of the beauty of fall. In spite of its spot in October, today did not feel very fallish. It was warm, bright, and sunny. We left here fairly early and got Ben that haircut he's been waiting for. Barber shops are open on Saturdays and I didn't want to make the Monday mistake again and go when they are closed. We ran too many errands and came home with another load of groceries... I forgot the dish soap and paper towels. Can't get home without forgetting something, can we?

I have so wanted to take some fall photos but haven't been much farther from home than Webster, so I took another walk back into the orchard, a different direction this time, to see what I could see... An apple tree with strings of red pearls hanging from its branches...

... tiny purple thistles...

... a crop of cattails...

... and a painting!

8 comments:

  1. Good job, got lots done, and a walk and lots of beautiful pictures. I do love the painting. Thistles, not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall colors! I haven't really been anywhere lately to see if our colors are changing...I usually notice on my drive to work but since I'm not doing that right now I'm missing out on the painting that's going on. That's okay, though, I'd much rather be home right now. Cool pic of the apples hanging in rows...I don't think I've ever seen an apple tree do that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!!
    I met Josh and your other 'kids' today. What a pleasure to see them in person! What a nice family!
    Josh is even cuter in real!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's where they went! I'm glad Adam decided to take Josh along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a fantastic photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photography as usual! Alicia and I took a walk today and saw beautiful colors reflected in a stream. Wished I had the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. come see my colors. When you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete