Saturday, October 04, 2008

Martha Blocker

Yesterday's weather was nothing less than fickle. The sun shone bright and clear one minute and the next rain was pouring down. It even rained while the sun was shining. It was not a good day to play outside unless one does not mind an instant soaking.
Good thing I have plenty of toys in my house. Our block collection had been replenished and refreshed in the past few months. We have an ample supply for building roads, houses, and towers. Some are a little bit beaten and worn, and show signs of many years of play others are fresh and new.
Yesterday after Troy woke up from his nap we built a city. He parked all kinds of cars inside the openings while I build out and upward. It was a nice time together and I'm looking forward to many more block cities and house this winter.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an impressive amount of blocks. Looks like you guys had tremendous fun building together. Hope your weather today is a little less fickle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be a little kid and come over to your house for a day.

    Is that a bruise on Troy's forehead? Did a block clock him one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a bruise on Troy's forehead! He was running and playing a chase game earlier in the day and ran himself into the edge of the counter. He just bawled. I felt so bad and bad babysitter that I am, didn't even put any ice on it. (Probably cause I can't do ice myself...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! He looks so happy playing blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat. Did oyu guys make the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredibly complex. I see a future engineer, architect or civic planner in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house lends itself to my Sunday post..... I want to come and play blocks in your living room....what fun to be a kid again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boys love to play like that. It reminds me of my kids when they were little.... good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh... Oven mitts to get the ice thingy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blocks! That looks like so much fun. I like how Troy put the cars on there, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Martha, yesterday I went to the store and bought everything I need to make YOUR chili!!

    I'm really excited and think you may have a winner!!

    Thanks again for giving me the recipe and your little tips. Hope it works....

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete