Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Feeling Fallish

It's feeling fallish. Although I was having a tough time keeping my eyes open, I went out shopping on Monday. (I probably should have listened to my sleepy body and stayed home... ) Along the way I stopped to see if there were any grapes growing in a neglected looking vineyard. I found some, but they look to be a little past their prime. Good for a photograph, but maybe not so good for jam. That's okay, I was only looking to take a picture or two.
Our woodpiles on the back porch are growing. The picnic table and chairs have been stored away in the barn to make room for the new occupants. Stacking wood makes a good Phys. Ed. course when homeschooling. Everyone is encouraged to participate as there is plenty of wood to stack. Stacking now means less traipsing through the snow later.
There is a new Hobby Lobby in Webster. A craft store close to home! I have enjoyed a stroll or two down the aisles, picked up a few random items, and think it may be one of those place I need to avoid unless I have a particular need. It's just too much fun in there. I liked the hymns I heard playing on the speakers, the staff was smiling and friendly, and there are so many nice things to look at. I did buy some fake fall foliage to splash about my house, but have been to sleepy to catch up with it just yet. Maybe tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. The Hobby Lobby is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grapes photo is quite striking. I love the slightly forlorn look of ragged and tatty autumn gardens...

    Gosh I've got to order a cord of wood......the cold winter nights will soon be here....I've only got a bit of wood now, maybe enough for two more fires...

    But first I have to get over that horrifying 'toxic log' incident I had, before I can face lighting my fireplace again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hobby Lobby is awesome, and I can not stay out of there. I have bought some fall foliage for in my house as well. It has been on the mantel, although Dave has removed it tonight because he's doing some stone work. I've been tempted to return there this week for some more items, but have resisted...we will be in PA for the weekend, shopping in Amish country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hobby Lobby! My all time favorite store, no joke, better than Michaels, better than Craft Warehouse. And we don't have one here we had one in OK. I decorated an intire house, 5 bedrooms, living rooms dining room, library, kitchen all of it from hobby lobby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos! Feeling 'fallish' here, too! The leaves are falling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shot of the grapes. I'm sure stacking wood must be great exercise. It sounds very demanding. Good to know you've got a large pile going for the winter. You'll have to use it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have to take your Hobby Lobby advice. Stay away unless you need something. The first time I walked in my jaw dropped.

    ReplyDelete