Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Flying the Coop

My kids and I escaped for a field trip today. I needed the fresh air and exercise and came home feeling much better than when I started out. It was one of those cloudy days with sprinkles of sunshine. Not too hot, not too cold. Beautiful!

Hungry deer looking for a handout.


Pumpkin wagon. They weren't ours, but they looked pretty.

Bumpy pumpkins.


Feeding the donkeys. They're quite friendly if you have a handful of food.
We actually stopped several places before taking a detour to Taco Bell on the way home. I think I'll sleep well tonight and look forward to playing with my grandson tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. :) you make me happy that you get to go to places that have friendly animals. I don't know of any around here.. Maybe T. does, I feel the need for something soft and furry... Carl is still balking at a pet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am glad you were able to go out and enjoy the beautiful day! I wished I was able to go out too, but many small children needed tending to. Perhaps it'll be nice tomorrow too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful get-away. Love the pictures of the animals, and I think the best pumpkins are the ones with "warts".

    Martha, the chili didn't win any prizes at the Chili Cook-Off, but every bite was eaten. There were many entries, and at the last minute we were called away, so I wasn't there to serve it up... and I think presentation is key. But, it's an annual event so I'll try again.
    My husband says you get FIRST prize and he can't wait for me to make another pot....

    Thanks so much, it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice outing! And no cooking for dinner. THat is my kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanda, if Don says it was first, that's good enough for me! I'm glad he likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to get outside and enjoy the day. Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete