Sunday, October 26, 2008

Did Somebody Say "Party"?

Looks rather like someone was hosting a celebration one one kind or another... Possibly an early birthday party? Oooo, pumpkin pie and ice cream! Now that IS special!

Do you notice that stack of plates on the table? I count at least fourteen. My advice to the local dishwasher is to clean out the kitchen cabinets and make those extra dishes not quite so easily accessible. If the same number of dinner plates, bowls, cups and saucers, and drinking glasses reside in her cupboards, she will have no end of dirty dishes for the remainder of her days. What she needs is a great big storage bucket in a dark and hidden corner of the basement, a place in which to store the excess tableware for those rare occasions when a crowd of friends or relatives invade her living space. They say "Necessity is the mother of invention". Well, it also provides a great incentive for reluctant dishwashers.

9 comments:

  1. I'm thinking I should take my own advice... or as Grandmanita would say, "Take my advice, I'm not using it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the little legs in the background! Happy Birthed day Josh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pies look delicious. I bet they were enjoyed. What's in the jar? It looks like it's something good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GMJ has very good eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She probably enlarged the picture to count the plates. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Take my advice, I'm not using it."
    LOL I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy pumpkin pie.... I made a couple for Marc's birthday...

    The plates with the Apples... I have the same ones. Just a couple of plates not the whole set.

    I have plate hangers in my kitchen and change plates with the seasons and in the summer I decorate with Apples.

    It's an addiction...decorating ~ I can't help it.

    The party looks so fun...wish I could have been there. I like ice cream with pumpkin pie too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! It's almost Josh's real birthday now. It's already been a year?!??! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete