Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nakedness

Although there are still plenty of leaves on many trees, it has become increasingly evident that winter is just around the corner. My sassafrass trees are nearly naked and shedding more leaves every hour.
Last week they were brillianly clothed and this week they are nearly bare. Funny how the trees shed their coverings and we dress in more layers.

The boys are out in the orchard looking for their dog. She still hasn't come home. Mike said she tried to get in his truck the other day. That is strange because we rarely take her out for a ride unless we're going to the vet. She also wanted to go in his house and howled outside his door when he went in and ignored her. (She really sounds more like she's singing when she does this.) The dog warden hasn't seen her. I'm not quite sure what to think.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe I can find her! She always comes when I call her. ok, maybe not... but then again, maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get out there and start yelling Joe!
    I think she has been dognapped. Maybe she is developing doghimers and forgets where she lives? It happens you know. I hope someone who loves her finds her. :D Prayers are being offered. Maybe she is in Mexico with a orchard worker, he took her home for his kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say exactly what gmj said, maybe she is getting a little senile and has forgotten where she lives. Does she have tags on so that whoever might find her would know who she is and have a number to call? Maybe she's tired of Sophie's harassment and has decided to run away from home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I hope you find your dog! Sometimes they like to wander. Hopefully she's just out exploring somewhere. Fall is such a short season. Maybe that's why I like it so much. Those leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What dog runs away with a collar and tags? Her collar came off a few weeks back. I "fixed" it and put it back on her only to find it off again later. It's broken and she needs a new one. Luckily there aren't too many three legged lab mixes with a cooked tail running around our neighborhood. I'm still waiting for her to show up acting like she was never gone to begin with. And, I'm getting tired of her shananigans. Maybe she doesn't care to stay?

    ReplyDelete