Monday, October 20, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far...

... especially when the tree is short.

Applesauce. Lots of applesauce... Sweetened and smooth, chunky with cinnamon, all natural... I wonder how many jars I will pack away in the handsome jelly cabinet My Darling made me this summer. So far there are five freshly cooked jars, one of which looks to be unsealed. I will have to check on it tomorrow. We may have to eat that one first.
While picking apples, I noticed a bird had layed a strange looking egg in Mrs. Apple Tree Robin's nest. Interesting... I wonder what kind of creature it will become? I must remember to clean all the garbage out of those poor little trees before they flower in the spring. They are full of wild roses, wild grapes, and way too many sucker branches. They make a good place for birds to hide.
Well, Friday night our DVD player decided to swallow a disk. It refuses to play or spit the movie back out. When I returned from Saturday's adventure with Rachel, we had become the proud owners of a brand new VCR/DVD player. And to think I had almost disposed of our great video collection. Now we can once again enjoy the Disney classics and Veggie Tales without replacing the whole set. (Hannah is combing through the box right now in hopes of finding something wonderful.) Nate wants to watch The Princess Bride, Ben would like Beauty and the Beast, but Hannah is putting in Cinderella. (Nathan is objecting the movie choice. Now they have something to argue about... Ah, The Princess Bride wins.)

8 comments:

  1. The Princess Bride is inconceivably great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss all of my old Disney tapes and Veggie tales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee-hee, so familar! Solved at our house by rock,paper,sissor. When Em gets big enough to hold her own with her brother who knows how it will work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have voted for Beauty and the Beast!!

    The apples look so delicious. I just bought a bag at the store...how I would love to have picked them from your tree instead.

    Yes, Martha...the Lord had spoken, but it was good to hear all the affirmation.... Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And they all argue about princess movies... How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hogans Heroes is lost forever? Oh dear, those sets aren't cheap either-GASP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No dear, it is not lost forever. Never fear, your father is planning to have someone look a the machine and at least retrieve the DVD for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, the DVD player was kind of expensive too. I did my research before buying it (if it is indeed the same one that broke). I hope you got one that was just as good...

    ReplyDelete