Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Under Pressure

I have been feeling stressed. Toddlers are great for raising blood pressure and mine is way too high. I do not like the numbers I am seeing (at the spine center on Monday), and I don't like how I've been feeling. It was too late to call my doctor's office this evening so I sent them on online message to inquire about it. I don't have a headache, I can see fine, and my speech is not slurred. I'm not dizzy and can walk just fine. (It's the galloping that sends me sprawling and I've purposed not to do anymore of that.) Just putting this out there because it's what's on my mind at this particular moment. Yes, I will connect with the doctor. Thankfully, I have one. I am grateful.

What is wonderful in my life? My mother taught me to "count my blessings" so there is always something for which to be grateful. I have a great vacation on the horizon and I am very much looking forward to spring. I've got some great mugs waiting to be glazed on Friday and people asking if they are for sale. But, in all actuality, I am mostly feeling anxious. Maybe it's because it's February and I miss my mom...

I drank lots of water today. Lots and lots, and now I am having a cup of camomile tea with honey. Perhaps I should scale back on the coffee, not that I drink a ton or anything, just a cup in the morning and another of half caffeine in the afternoon. Maybe replace one cup at a time with cinnamon tea. Maybe.

Oh, I bought myself a comfy, new, little recliner. It's built for women and smaller than the usual. I picked it up at Home Goods a couple weeks ago and it seems very good for my lower back. Great foot rest and fabulous back support. It fit perfectly into the back of my car. I like it a lot and now all I need to do is pay for it. Ha ha!

6 comments:

  1. Martha, I would imagine taking care of toddlers would be stressful. My own children were wonderful, so when people would say that with grandchildren, it was nice because they went home at night, I poo-hoo-ed the very thought. I would be a patient grandmother who never sighed a sigh of relief when they left. Well HA. I'm older and tireder, and I do feel guilty when I sigh, but...I sigh. I can relate to the feeling anxious, I was never an anxious person, but lately, I feel it...and I don't like it. Coffee? Stress? Age? I don't know. I know part of it is that my very best friend in the whole wide world, my sister, is battling breast cancer that has spread to the liver and possibly beyond, which is terrifying...knowing that God weighs and measures and counts the hairs on our heads is comforting, but it's still a suffering beyond what my soul can comprehend. Sorry for the novel here, but just wanted to say I'm thankful for you, and I pray for you, and you are not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well so much for copying and editing the comment I just deleted... Guess I didn't copy it after all. (I am blond.)
      Please hug Cheryl and tell her I love her. Please take that hug she gives you and know a piece of it is me hugging you too.
      Older, tireder, and full of life's stresses. maybe they've all finally caught up with me. Ugh. I knew when they asked me to take the baby room for 2 1/2 months that it wouldn't be good for me full time, and then they never gave me back my kitchen job, the one that was a perfect fit. Just enough children with just enough alone time in the kitchen. The new job is just stressful. As much as I love toddlers, I know I can't do this for long. I just don't know what else to do. Thank you for your novel and for your reminder that God knows, and that I am not alone. Thank you for being there. I love you.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. As we age, it's so hard to keep up with toddlers. Our Sloane keeps me hopping when she's here...lol
    Don't forget to balance all that water and tea with a little salt.
    Love the chair! We rarely buy new anymore. There's a Consignment Furniture store here and have found some great things for super cheap.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know somewhat what I need, I jut don't know how to make it all happen.
      Yes, we buy at the second hand stores too, but not this time.
      Hugs to you too,

      Delete
  3. Love your new chair. It looks like it will be perfect for your back situation.
    Sorry you are so stressed and prayers and hugs to work your way to the end of the tunnel. No platitudes just love
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chair is absolutely perfect!
      I decided to visit the doctor's office, much to my boss's distress. I have been feeling enough "off" to warrant going. We're going to try a low dose of medication and monitor the blood pressure. Also a follow-up with a cardiologist.
      Thank you for the love and well wishes.
      <3 (That's a heart.)

      Delete