Sunday, February 18, 2024

The Much Needed and Unanticpated Long Weekend

All weekends should be at least three days long. (Ha ha!) I feel so much better and my numbers continue to look better too. I'm headed back to work tomorrow.

Yesterday I went shopping and bought the supplies to make Chicken and Noodles which is one of the lunches I used to serve when I worked in the daycare kitchen. I mentioned on Facebook how I really, really miss my kitchen job and had three people mention different foods I had prepared. Hannah misses my goulash, Beth misses the chicken salad, and Tahnya has been craving Chicken and Noodles for five years now. I'm planning to make her some too, but I had to make a refresher recipe first and it turned out delicious!

My sister met me at church this morning. We have gone together several times now and it is feeling more and more like the place I'd like to settle. My heart is peaceful (although occasionally palpitating) and calm. I am finally feeling a renewed connection to scripture and the God who loves us more than I am able to comprehend. We met for a very late breakfast/lunch after the service. A rare occurrence.

The afternoon was spent at home trying to get my feet warmed up. I was finally successful after turning on a space heater and sitting in front of it for a while. In all honesty, I do prefer the spring temperatures of the last couple of weeks even though I know winter is not over yet.

Plans are being laid for my trip to Florida. There are a few friends I hope to see in the week I'm there and I managed to connect with every one of them this weekend. (I am so excited!)

6 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds good!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...have fun in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you have found a place of worship that is a good fit. Glad you could go and really relax too.
    Yumm on the chicken and noodles. Anything with noodles is my favorite.
    Days off are so good for all of us.. Your trip to Florida is going to be wonderful.
    Keep plugging along and going forward!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to be plugging in again and feeling a peace about it.
      That chicken and noodles is just too yummy!
      I love days off a little too much. LOL!
      :0)

      Delete