Sunday, February 12, 2023

Bits and Pieces

 * We're almost halfway through February already. I should stop in Wegmans but I'm not at all interested in wading through their gargantuan Valentine displays. Maybe I'll hold off until Wednesday, or go to Walmart instead.

* Last Friday I trimmed the two bowls Dan threw when he visited our pottery night. They turned out nice.

* This Friday I picked one of the bowls off the shelf, mistakenly thought it was bisque fired, and mishandled it. A big chunk came out of the side and the rest of it crashed to the floor. I was left picking up the pieces. It's amazing how many thoughts go through the mind in a matter of milliseconds.

* I was disappointed in the broken bowl, I was embarrassed (just slightly), I was relieved (I knew Dan wouldn't be upset), and I was deciding how to proceed. In the end I broke up the bigger pieces, put it all into a bucket and added water. I brought it back to life. And, I eventually texted Dan and told him about it. He made me laugh and I was relieved, although I was never worried about his reaction.

* Yesterday morning I went to a memorial service for the father of a close friend. Goodbyes are hard.

* I have managed in the last week to empty my upstairs bedroom. Well, mostly.  The dressers have been moved to the narrow end of the room by the attic. Soon we will begin to tear down the paneling and replace the old insulation. I need to make a run to Lowes.

* It's Superbowl Sunday. The boys are coming over.

* 163. It's my starting point. I have a 20 pound goal.

10 comments:

  1. Your bedroom will be so nice for you with new insulation and paneling. You can do it...your goal is obtainable..says me who has to do the very same thing! it's so hard !!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the new bedroom, and to accomplishing my goal. I have a cheering section and I'm hoping that gives me the motivation needed to get me across the line. I'm rooting for you too!

      Delete
    2. thanks so much..I backslid from my big weight loss and now it's so hard to get back in gear. I like to eat everything that isn't "good" for me!!

      Delete
  2. Your new room will be extra special. I hope you enjoyed the Super Bowl, we had lots of grandkids here, the dads went to Ben's to watch it with the boys, so the moms had the kids here. hmmm. Anyway, it was crazy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be special and cozy. I mostly listened to the Super Bowl because it was a little crazy here too.

      Delete
  3. I have a 20 lb goal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, it's me. Your daughter.

      Delete
    2. You are hilarious. Your Mom

      Delete
    3. I can publish as myself too. :0)

      Delete