Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful

* My work review was a little "iffy" this year. I started to post about it twice and then thought better of it. The short version is they said I was "grumpy," which is actually sad and hilarious all at once. It came with a 50 cent raise. We had a mass exodus of staff just before Christmas and our new staff is questionable. They are afraid I might tender my resignation, which is possible, but not imminent.

* The bedroom project is moving along. Slowly. We're hoping to get something accomplished this weekend in the way of insulation. 

* I almost ran into the back end of (what I think was) an Amazon delivery van in the rainy, dark, predawn hours of Friday morning. There was just enough time to realize I couldn't stop, no cars coming up the other side of the hill, and to swerve around. It was parked in the road on the crest of a hill, with flashers blinking. My car is missing a headlight and my brain was set on autopilot. It was a bad combination and I am grateful it did not end badly.

* My headlights have to be special ordered thanks to whoever owned the vehicle before me. (We'd already tried to change it on Thursday evening.) They are now on order and should arrive on Tuesday.

* We had some gorgeous weather on Wednesday. It was 67 degrees and I took a walk on my lunch break.

* While Wednesday's weather was supremely beautiful, it was also windy. It was a bad day for one of our sweet, daycare families whose house caught fire and burned to the ground while they were away at work and school. No people were injured, but they lost everything including 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a bunny. I can't even imagine the heartbreak.

* Pottery night. I did very little pottery yesterday. I wasn't feeling it, but I did trim some bowls thrown earlier this month, and glazed my remaining bowl from Dan. (See how I claimed it as mine?) I'm interested to see how the glaze turns out as I tried a different application.

9 comments:

  1. I was called grumpy the other day at a store because I just said hi when the clerk spoke. Not sure what the kid wanted as I did not need his help. I love the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear! What is the word coming to? I'm still not sure what I did to earn the grumpy comment. ha ha! I'm not too worried though. Thanks! The glaze really makes this one fun.
      It's nice to see you here again.

      Delete
  2. Grumpy?? I sincerely doubt it..you at least got a raise out of it!
    Love your pottery and hope your headlight will arrive on time.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have grumpy days, but I am not, as a rule, grumpy. Although I do have some great Grumpy Bear Care Bear earrings.

      Delete
  3. ...Amazon and UPS truck should be painted more visible colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they should, especially if they are out delivering packages in the dark.

      Delete
  4. Your pottery is beautiful Martha 🥰 Your bedroom is going to be lovely I think…. Nice way to breeze into spring!!! That was too close for comfort with the Amazon van 😬 Just as well it was early and no traffic wasn’t it? Have a lovely day!!

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn. Pottery is a fun hobby, especially when done with friends. I am looking forward to the new bedroom, and you are right, it will be a good way to breeze into spring. I'm looking forward to that too.
      :0)

      Delete
  5. Me tooooooo!!!

    Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

    ReplyDelete