Saturday, August 28, 2021

The Lake Was Gorgeous

 The lake was gorgeous last night. Rough and tumble waves rocked the shore and blasted the breakwater drenching anyone and anything in the way. I got my feet and pant legs wet and it was wonderful. I love the lake calm and still, and I love it rough and wild.

I'm heading out of town. In a little less than an hour I'll pack my bags into the back of my car. I'm flying to Minnesota to see my grandsons and meet their baby sister. I'm hoping to be helpful to my handsome son and his beautiful wife. I'm also hoping for a minute or two to catch a visit with my friends Kim and Kristina. I have a week.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah! Good for you Martha. So glad you get the week with your kids. Enjoy every minutes and love on those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage Martha. I hope you have the most fantastic week. It is great you can fly interstate; we are not permitted to do so in Australia and I have not seen my grandsons in Sydney for 5 months. Enjoy you babies and have lots of cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they are safe where you live…we are fighting Covid because even though we mask distance vacci ate isolate and mask, others won’t.

      Delete
    2. Patricia, it has been lovely. I hope you are soon able to see your grandsons too.

      Brenda, these are difficult and confusing times.

      Delete
  3. A gorgeous wave, even though it is muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are having so much fun and those precious kiddos are adorable.
    Enjoy every minute and I hope you get to visit your friends too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One friend had to cancel and I haven't heard from the other. But I am loving the grands.
      :0)

      Delete