Saturday, August 21, 2021

Bits and Pieces

 * August is going way too fast. The summer is going way too fast. I thought I'd have more free time. LOL!

* Life hasn't turned out exactly as I'd envisioned, which I'm sure doesn't surprise anyone else whose lived a good portion of their own. Situations and circumstances just keep taking us by surprise. Some surprises turn out sour, but there are the sweet surprises as well. Thankfully, life gives both hard lessons, and unexpected blessings.

* Work occupies a major portion of my time and energy. Sometimes that is hard, but it is softened by the smiles and affection of the little ones I am there to serve. The little friend who lost his daddy a few weeks ago was very happy to see me on Monday. I was blessed with smiles, hugs, and childish chatter, and he is not the only one who looks for me. Yesterday a small sweet voice called out from the toddler room, "Marrrrthhhaaa... Where arrrrreee yoooouuu?" It was repeated over and over as I passed out breakfast trays and I would call back to her, "Nataleeeeeee... I'm commmmminnnngggg."

* My momma heart is aching this summer. A situation I'm unable to share that is constantly thumping about in my thoughts. I find myself crying out to God. I don't know, of course, what the final outcome will be. I have to give every anxiety into God's hands. It is no longer possible to pull my hurting children into my arms, to rock them on my lap, or kiss their wounds away. They are grown up now and must find their own way through the heartaches of life.  "Oh, Lord!"

* I booked a flight to Minnesota. Time is going so fast that I barely realized I'd be leaving in little over a week... My Minnesota people are planning an out of state move in the not too distant future, so unless they change their plans (which isn't likely), this is quite possibly my last Minnesota trip.

* Two of my boys came over last evening. We sat in the garage and I listened to them talk. There was blatant honesty, exaggerated stories, and comic relief. They spoke of experiences that are both amusing and terrifying all at once. I've never been of the mindset that my kids, especially my boys, have or will continue to avoid substances and activities that might send a mother into a panic. I wasn't sure how to respond.  Another piece of life to let God handle. "Oh, Lord!"

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good trip to Minnesota, a place which has always intrigued me for some reason. It is good that you can fly around the country. Here in Australia we cannot leave our state or we will have to quarantine for two weeks. The Delta variant is sweeping the country. We remain mothers always, don't we, and I too pray to God every day for my faraway children, faced with difficulties of all kinds, and hope we will all meet again some time in the future. I miss my daughter in Canada so much, Oh Lord! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have decided to go while it is still possible. One never knows when life will change again. I am so sorry for your inability to visit your daughter in Canada. We don't have much freedom in going there either, and I don't believe they are allowed to visit us. This too is sad. I pray one day this illness will be but a memory.

      Delete
  2. A fitting end to your post..sometimes that is all we can say..Oh Lord...He knows what the unspoken words are...
    Hugs to you and your upcoming trip.
    God Knows...
    That's all
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs.
      They mean so much.

      Delete