Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Off and Running

Well, kind of.... My faraway son is on his way home again, finally. The flight out of Rochester was scheduled to leave on time, ... until they arrived at the airport anyway. Maybe it was the weather this time. We did get a rather nice snowfall this afternoon. Southwest has been having a lot of delays this past week and rather than leaving at 5 pm, the departure didn't take place until 7:33 pm. That's a long wait with a 5 month old baby.

It was another whirlwind visit. We packed Christmas, New Year's and an early birthday celebration into just five days. We stayed up much too late, slept in strange beds, and threw any semblance of a normal schedule tot he wind. Now we gather ourselves together and make a grand attempt to jump back into our everyday routines.

It's always hard to say goodbye, especially not knowing when we'll meet again. Thankfully, we have pictures to bring these days back to memory, and we remembered to take a picture of this little one with each of our moms.

Safe travels, sweet child!


6 comments:

  1. Hope they make it home safely! I'm sure it is hard to say goodbye. You did get some really cute photos, though...and a heart full of memories! Yes, routines are among us again! I just realized I have to pack lunches tonight and that the bus will be here bright and early for the boys! I've been sleeping late...it will feel like the middle of the night! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one smiling child this morning. My friend Emma is back after her month long absence. (Her grandma has been in town.) This afternoon Josh will come for a bit. Tomorrow "should" be quiet. Maybe I'll get a chance to excavate the house. ;)

      Delete
  2. Traveling this time of year in your neck of the woods must be hard. I think those pictures with the grandmas are so precious.
    My routine tomorrow is an appt. at 9:15 AM for my annual blood work. It's going to be a good year...I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't get back to Minneapolis until 2 am. :(
      I am really hoping they packed enough formula (and patience) to deal with all the delays. I'm guessing it was weather related. There's a nice heap of snow out there.

      Delete
  3. So glad you got pictures of him with his great grandmas, love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I remembered to do it. Guess I've learned a couple of lessons in the past few years.

      Delete