Saturday, January 18, 2014

Still and Snowy

It's a quiet kind of day. A little junco was hopping about my back porch this morning and left itty-bitty birdie tracks on the steps. The bird feeder was full so I'm not sure what he was looking for. Maybe my cats. These little fellas show up mostly when the ground is snow covered and it snowed during the night leaving the grass buried and the roads slippery.

Hannah and I headed out for haircuts this morning. We go much too long between as I have a tendency to drag my feet making the appointment. No drastic changes, just fresh trims and a bit of thinning on mine.

The errands have been run and the cupboards are full. On my way back home I stopped to snap a few pictures of this old house up the street. I keep expecting to drive by one day and find it has been either burned down or bulldozed. For many years after we moved here it was occupied each fall by seasonal orchard workers, but the windows are all broken out now and the land around it has been cleared of old trees. I think it's not long for this world.

It's a quiet weekend without Mom or the little ones.

8 comments:

  1. Man....those are tiny tracks♥️
    Sounds like a lovely lazy day....
    We have Miss V for a few hours, and I got two banana/raspberry/blackberry loaves in the oven!
    Smells divine!
    We hot a fresh dusting of snow...not too much...
    Enjoy your peace....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about tiny bird track that I find whimsical.
      Bread in the oven? Oh, I should do that!
      Yes, we have a dusting too. It looks like winter again.

      Delete
  2. What sweet little footprints! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute?
      There were bird prints all around my van tires. They like to sit on the spokes of the rims.

      Delete
  3. There is something mystical about little prints in the snow like that. Are you familiar with "pie birds"...check out Blackberry Lane on my side bar. This was brand new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen pie birds somewhere before. They remind me of a certain nursery rhyme and a noseless maid.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. What cute little tracks! Ours do the same on this blustery day.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying their presence whenever possible. One day I'll have a better "watching" place, but for now the kitchen window has to suffice.
      :0)

      Delete