Monday, January 27, 2014

Susan's Sunrise

Susan often ventures down to the lake early in the morning. While I am just dragging myself into the shower and struggling to keep my eyes open, Susan is taking pictures of the sunrise, beautiful pictures. I asked her if I could share some of her photographs and she said yes.


Living by one of the Great Lakes is almost like living next to the ocean, except there aren't any high or low tides.



The lake shore changes every day. Some mornings it is blue and some days God paints the sky pink instead. And some mornings the cloud formations over the lake are outstanding. I'm thinking these clouds mean there's a storm raging out there, but it looks like cotton candy on sticks from shore.


Lake Ontario doesn't freeze over like a smaller lake would. Instead it gets crusty along the edges and ice paddies form.


Hope you enjoyed Susan's Sunrise photos.




5 comments:

  1. That is so cool. I thought that was your apple orchard in bloom! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The apple orchards do look something like that in the spring, don't they?

      Delete
  2. Oh.....this is awesome!
    I always miss these spectacular moments at the cottage...
    These are fabulous...
    Please give Susan my compliments....
    Stay warm...
    Cheers!
    Linda:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I catch these moments via Susan and they are always spectacular.
      I told her she needs to put them in a coffee table book and sell them.
      You stay warm too.
      It's a good night for extra blankets!
      :0)

      Delete
    2. That would be great!
      Need extra blankets for sure.....
      My boyfriend is in Atlanta for a few nights..:o(
      Been packing...
      Think I'll pick up Vivian after lunch💗
      That will be fun!

      Delete