Friday, May 25, 2012

Never Growed Up

I am hopelessly and forever a child. I love children's books, marble chutes, and doll houses. I want to go to the zoo, watch a parade, and swing on a swing. No wonder I keep little people around. I can't even fathom a house without toys! :0)

My little "Gnome Home"drawer has finally moved off of the dining room table and out onto the back porch. Summer has been hanging around the past few days and I'm hoping perhaps she's here to stay. My plants are moving out of the house and into the sunshine, and I am planning to enjoy lots of iced tea, maybe read a book or two, and take a nap outside at least once a week. I'm also hoping a friend or two will stop by to share a visit. I think it all sounds very nice, don't you? :0)

Today Rocky and I went out running errands. I put her in and took her out of that car seat seven times as we went to the bank and five different stores. Hard to imagine how we ever survived without those contraptions, isn't it? At our last stop, my favorite greenhouse in Webster, the nice lady behind the counter, who reminded me that our two daughters will be turning 27 this year (we were in the hospital together), let Rocky pick two "prizes" from a little plastic tub of rubbery animals. My little darling took a red salamander and a teal colored frog. To top it off she was also allowed to pick out a tomato plant to take home. I've never known a two year old so possessive of a vegetable plant. She was thrilled to take it home when her daddy arrived. :0)

(I'm thinking that dresser drawer is kind of like a miniature sandbox, except it's not. Perhaps that will be my next good idea...)

And I am still having a hard time believing my baby is going to be 27 in October. Do I have to put up with that?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Martha...we could be such kids together. I too love children's books, toys, and digging in the dirt.

    Love your little drawer. Could step right into it if I were tiny.

    I've really been working in our backyard getting ready for our Father's Day BBQ.

    Glad you are following the new blog. You were part of my inspiration to share short stories.

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be 25 forever, okay? I think that sounds best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gnome home! If I had one, I think I'd be obsessed with it! ha.

    ReplyDelete