Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Valley of Decision

I've started going to a new Bible study on Thursday evenings. We're reading "The Best Yes" by Lysa Terkeurst, examining scripture, and learning to make wise decisions, or maybe to make any decision at all. "Miss Indecision," that is me. I am scared to death of making decisions, especially big ones. If I am totally honest, sometimes I even have trouble making little decisions, like what ice cream flavor to choose... unless it's soft serve pumpkin in October, then I know exactly what to do.

Every day is laced with choices (Like what to make for dinner... ug!). I typically get by without getting too stressed out, but making a final decision on something big and important can be pretty scary. I was blessed last night to read that not all decisions have a "right" or "wrong". Sometimes both decisions are good and we just have to choose one or the other. (It's okay to have chocolate ice cream sometimes and vanilla on other days, or even to try the soft serve pumpkin, especially if it's October.)

All this to say, I'm learning, or at least trying to learn, to make a good decision and go with it. Pray, weigh the options, pray some more, know the ramifications, pray some more, and make a choice. No second guessing or looking back over my shoulder at the other options. Just trust God and go for it.
(I'll let you know how it works out...)

And for your enjoyment, some friends we found on our outside adventures last week. Sometimes going outside is the Best Yes.
:0)

12 comments:

  1. So...
    Let me get this straight...
    You really like soft-serve pumpkin ice cream...
    Especially if it's October...
    Right?
    ♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew...
      The other message is loud and clear as well....

      Delete
    2. When I go out to eat, I often just order the first thing that sounds good so that I don't have to agonize over what is best. Ha!

      Delete
    3. For me....that would be a BURGER!

      Delete
    4. Burgers rarely disappoint.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Once you pray and weigh all the options, you have to trust your mind and heart and just decide. Then no wavering. :)

    I want a burger AND ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ladies' Bible study group I'm part of has its last session of Lysa's "The Best Yes" this evening! Now to keep putting into practice what we've learned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know, Joeks, what you found to be the most insightful or inspiring. We've only just read up through chapter 9 and our next meeting is tomorrow night.

      Delete