Saturday, October 25, 2014

Just Stuff

Last evening our house was filled with the aroma of roasting peppers; chile, pablano, cayenne, and red bell peppers. Smelled so good! And looked so pretty all piled up in the pan afterward.

Today I took my crabby self out to run errands. I went all the usual places and then a few more. I was on the hunt for a burnt orange colored, double sized, fitted sheet. I checked Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Kohls. Only Target sold single sheets and they weren't in the pretty shade I desired. I perused Goodwill and came out with a small yellow serving bowl and a small crock pot, but no colorful, double sized, fitted sheet. I briefly considered K Mart and Walmart but ended up at a Savers instead. The sheet I found was not orange. It was red. I decided to take the red one and will use it to cover my pretty, burnt orange, suede-like futon cover that so readily collects cat hair. Maybe I will find a burnt orange one another day. Well, it could happen...

Remember my Random Acts of Kindness Pie? Well, God had a different plan for it than I did. The intended recipient, did not end up with the pie. His wife could not make it to our Thursday night Bible study, so I left it instead down the street at Martin's door. (You might remember him as Jasmine's friend.) I put it into a cardboard box and wrote note on the cover so he wouldn't be afraid to eat it. Perhaps next week I will send a pie to the other individual. I'm pretty sure he can still use the encouragement.
:0)

8 comments:

  1. How nice and thoughtful for you to give that to Martin. I'm sure he was blessed by your random act of kindness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We couldn't eat three pies by ourselves. I sent one home with Emily's dad, so I had to find a home for the second one. The third one? Well, that one tasted pretty good.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Dear Martha, I love the smell of the roasting peppers too and yes they are pretty.
    You will find the orange sheet when you are not looking.
    I bet your friend is so happy enjoying a slice of that pie and knowing he is thought of .
    Blessings dear, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Catherine, that's what I'm thinking too. One day I'll find it.
      I hope he's happy with that pie. I would be smiling if something yummy showed up on my back steps.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. That was so nice of you. I'm sure Martin doesn't get too many home made pies.

    ReplyDelete