Thursday, October 09, 2014

Shedding Some Light

Truth be told, I'd rather bake pies than dust... However, it appears some dusting may be in my future. Sunlight has a way of bringing into view things that remain hidden in the shadows.

Ah... too many life application lessons there. My poor tired little brain isn't quite up to pondering, sorting, and putting all that into words today. I've been finding sleep elusive and unwanted thoughts keep bouncing about in my mind all night long keeping me awake. (Don't you hate when that happens?) Today both granchildren and sleepiness kept me from dusting. For now you can rest assured that if your house isn't spotless, you are in good company.

I took the kids for an orchard walk today. Nothing soothes the soul quite like an autumn walk through the orchard. I could be dusting underneath chairs and other furniture, but I think perhaps I'll build a fresh pie for tonight's gathering over at my friend Brenda's house.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Martha, Your philosophy is perfect!! Baking a delicious pie for the grandkids to enjoy and build memories of is so much more important than dusting.
    I know what you mean of having a "tired brain" and having thoughts run through it. I give them to the Lord.
    Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Catherine, that is exactly what I need to do.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear my house isn't the only one that is dusty. haha. And oh, my, do I have dust! lol....

    Pie is far more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cleaning "schedule" has been non-existent for years. It's been a clean as I can kind of time and I've found I no longer even have a system much less a schedule. I did do a bit of vacuuming yesterday and the little spider webs are now gone.

      Yes, pie is infinitely more fun.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Oh Martha...
    Who cares?
    Baking pies is awesome...
    A day at the orchard with the grands is THE BEST!
    Probably a very tiny spider anyways!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The orchard walk was truly soothing. We walked long and far and it was wonderful.

      I have been invited to a Canadian Thanksgiving. How cool is that? I'm really hoping My Darling will accept his cousin's invitation.

      Yes, a tiny spider, like the ones that live in my jade plants.

      :0)

      Delete
    2. *"We," we have been invited...

      Delete