Monday, October 20, 2014

Out and About (again)

I got up this morning while it was still dark, hopped in the shower, and got ready for a drive through the countryside. Joe and I each poured ourselves a cup of coffee and set out a little before 8 am. It was a gorgeous day to take a drive and see what was left of the colors of autumn. I dropped Joe off at his place at nine, turned around, and headed back "from whence I'd come."

The little diner where I'd gotten soft serve pumpkin ice cream on Friday afternoon was closed. So was that antique shop I always want to stop in. I drove on past the Dunkin Donuts where I "always" stop to use the restroom, but I did make several roadside stops to snap a photo here and there.

Not too far into my journey home, I turned off the main road to find my friend Della from 18 Under One Roof and stopped in for a visit with her. She offered me coffee, but I was already coffeed up from my drive and opted for a visit to the lavatory and have a glass of water instead. I met a few of Della's 16 children and had some nice conversation with Jon who was snuggled down on the couch with a very furry and friendly kitten whose name I don't recall, probably because the list of things they call her was too long to remember.

When I got home I was too sleepy to wash my Monday bedding, so I checked my computer and then curled up on the couch with one of Mom's afghans and took a nice long nap. When I was all nicely rested, I got up and stripped the bed. Don't you just love fresh, clean sheets?

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely!
    If I am ever RICH....
    Clean sheets EVERY day!
    I changed the ones at home here yesterday...and....
    Brought the cottage flannels home for a wash....
    Did I say YES?
    Hahaha!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more sheets to wash today, but they aren't the ones I'll be crawling between. The guest room will have clean sheets for the next visitor, or Hannah if she sneaks in there again when her own bed isn't put together.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. One of my favorite things is crawling into clean sheets! Sounds like your out and about was very fun. Nice pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice out and about, and I'm glad it was yesterday instead of today. Rain doesn't make for very good autumn photos and besides, it washes the leaves off the trees.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Martha, it was so nice to have you visit. Thank you for being so patient with Jon. He thinks he's a people:) He is indeed Mr. Noseypants, and he really enjoyed your visit too. He works hard on not interrupting, as in he waits for a one second break in the conversation, and he also works on not contradicting. But he certainly loves talking. I'll have to come up your way some morning and take you out to breakfast so we can talk a bit more....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to meet up for breakfast again and I totally didn't mind Jon and his participation in the conversation. I think it rather nice when kids are able to enjoy adult company. He seems very nice.

      Delete