Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cooking Up Something Good

I managed to get through the day with three children without feeling like a crazed lunatic. Perhaps the knowledge of wild hormones has helped. There was still fighting, yelling, and biting, but at least I wasn't doing it. ha ha!

Rice Crispy Cookies were on the schedule today.





 Those backyard bonfires of summer left us with an abundant supply of marshmallows. We made two batches of cookies, I sent an unopened bag home with the kids, and I still have three bags left. Maybe one day a few of them will end up in a cup of hot chocolate or some No-Bake Cookies.




Tomorrow we're taking a drive to find Uncle Joe and bring him home for the weekend. We're packing a lunch and we might even stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way home.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan. I've got the laundry done, the refrigerator and cupboards are restocked, and I made a batch of chocolate cookies this afternoon. My friend sent me home with a huge bag of granny apples...so guess what I'll be doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting a pie or two is in your future, "just like Grandma used to make." And hopefully your crust turns out a little flakier than mine did.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Oooo, I like it! Looks like they had a great day today! Good plan Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a much better day. Simon, who cried and chased after Mommy when she was trying to leave, later said, "I'm glad we can come to Grandma's house and Mom can go to work so we can buy things." I felt myself smile. Maybe he likes me a little bit after all.
      :0)

      Delete