Sunday, October 19, 2014

October Gathering

It was a nice day for a family gathering, even if it was cold and somewhat wet outside, even if I did forget to get Ben's coffee and even if Jakie did spill the cup he eventually did get. It was a good day even if Dave did sleep through most of the afternoon.

I made regular chili and James made green chili stew. We had sopaipillas with honey and apple pie a la mode. Leta brought a pumpkin cake and there was plenty of coffee for the big people.

There were football teams on TV, children playing Hungry Hippos, and a few "time outs". I think everyone had fun even if Lucas did say it wasn't a "fun day".

I think I should sleep good tonight.

(Tomorrow morning I'll get up early and take Joe back to school, and then maybe I'll find a friend on the way home.)

8 comments:

  1. Something tells me Lucas got one of the time outs. ha.

    That pumpkin cake is huge! haha. The Great Pumpkin! And your pies look perfect.

    We had football on TV all day Saturday...T&L were at the VT/Baylor game...normally I don't watch but I did look for them when the camera panned the crowd. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Lucas.

      Yes, it was a very big cake and full of good things, kind of like a carrot cake, and yummy.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a chilly Sunday!
    We had a visit from Miss V....she had cake and berries...
    Her Mom did some laundry!
    I think I am getting a cold. :o(
    Enjoy your week....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a very nice afternoon. No one was seriously injured, and only one cup of coffee was spilled. I'd say that is quite a success.

      No colds allowed.

      :0)

      Delete
  3. Sounds and looks like a real great family gathering. Love the dessert table, and the chili sounded good too. We went to church, lunch, and watched Football. Payton Manning broke Bret Faars record of 506 TD passes. That was special. And he's 38!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great gathering even if we were missing two sons, two wives, and two grandsons. The house was full and noisy, everyone had plenty to eat, and everyone got dessert.
      I heard about that record being beat, but either I was gone to night church or not paying attention.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. I love chili! I must make some real soon. Your pumpkin cake is awesome :-) Yes - I can imagine there would be a few time outs when you get a bunch of littlies all together trapped in the house because of awful weather. We are having the most glorious fall I have to say.............although they did mention the S word for Saturday :-( :-(

    Marilyn from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S word! Oh, no!!!
      I'm enjoying my fall, but I'm not quite ready to fight the white stuff yet.
      Yes, always a time out or two with the littlies.
      :0)

      Delete