Tuesday, October 07, 2014

The Minnesota Zoo

Who doesn't love a trip to the zoo? I hadn't been in years, mostly because the cost is astro- nomical, but we were blessed by one free admission to the Minnesota Zoo when we visited with Jim and Michele who were given a zoo membership as a gift.

It was a rather quiet, but beautiful Thursday afternoon with sunny skies and summer- like temp- eratures. There were no crowds to fight and most of the animals were out in the open where we could gawk at them without a problem. (I can't understand the purpose of charging admission to a zoo where the animals are always out of sight...)

We enjoyed a wonderful relaxing afternoon together.




 The Minnesota Zoo is full of wonderful statues and sculptures of animals. I found them intriguing. I'm presently wondering if they are the real reason admission is nearly $20 for adults. I don't suppose they were all donated.


The highlight of the trip was our visit with the lynx kittens. They were fairly certain my little grandson was either a playmate or perhaps dinner. They made Austin a little uneasy when they tried to grab him through the glass of their enclosure.



 He found Grandpa's arms to a safe and reassuring place to recover and soon he and Grandpa were "monkeying around" with the cats again.



There hasn't been much going on this week, so I thought I'd catch you up on vacation happenings instead. Besides, some of these pictures are too good not to share.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. I haven't been to the zoo in years either! Austin sure is growing up fast! Seems like he was just born! ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem that way. Not only is he growing up too fast, but he is off the charts for his height. He needs to slow down a little bit.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. We have a fabulous Zoo here in Toronto...
    Perhaps Miss V should have a visit there with her Nana and Papa....
    Enjoy your evening....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to the Toronto Zoo. Maybe some day
      :0)

      Delete
    2. If I had a zoo membership here I could get in to the Toronto Zoo for half price.

      Delete