Saturday, December 09, 2023

Friday Saturday

 I am enjoying the tradition of visiting Florida each December. It's been cooler this year than the past two, and I forgot to bring my sweatshirt, so I bought  myself a long sleeved cotton T-shirt from Blue Spring State Park. I splurged. For the manatees. 

Late yesterday morning Jim and I took a drive to Daytona where we met my friend Marty for lunch at Jimmy Hula's in Ormond Beach. It was a quick and emotional visit. Mostly I wanted to give him a hug. That desire was fulfilled and I am grateful. His sweet wife Kathy passed into eternity just a little over a week ago. Needless to say, I did not take pictures.

Last night was hot cocoa, Christmas movie and tree decorating night. I enjoyed a cup of peppermint hot chocolate with whipped cream and peppermint sprinkles, took lots of pictures, and took in a little bit of The Polar Express. The house is looking festive.

Today we stayed home. The kids played video games and I went outside to chase lizards. Before dinner Jim and I took Charlie and Jonah for a walk, and after dinner we headed to the zoo for the Asian Lantern Festival. So fun!

3 comments:

  1. Your vacation sounds delightful. Family fun and traditions. Nothing better. Glad you got to see your friend and give him much needed hugs.
    I do hope your batteries got charged a bit for your return to Life without manatees.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always wonderful to see family and I love the warm winter temperatures even when they're cold. Ha ha!
      I'm bringing a couple of small manatees home with me.
      :0)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fun time with family!! Love the tree! Happy look on your grandchilds face!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete