Sunday, December 17, 2023

You Can't Make Old Friends

It's been an exceedingly wonderful weekend! A weekend full of friends and family and what could be better?

I went with Bethany to see Nate and his friends sing on Friday evening after work. I left with a full heart. 

Saturday morning was lazy and relaxed. I dragged my feet leaving the house instead I put my laundry in, brought a dresser downstairs, and taped up a box of fleece blankets to send off to Florida. (Austin was disappointed when I arrived without them last week.) When finally getting out and on the road I vacillated between going to the post office first or the gift shop. The post office seemed obvious, but something inside said, "Go to Kittleberger's," and so I did. I took a photo with the plastic Santa inside the door and began my meandering. I rounded a corner and was met with a familiar face. My long loved friend Cindy! She has been my friend for her entire life. What a gift to find her there!

Late afternoon found me headed south of Rochester to meet my sister Priscilla and her family at the Genesee Country Museum for a Yuletide Dinner and Tour. (I almost got lost on the way but my favorite Bethany, my daughter, came to the rescue and gave me directions over speaker phone.) It was a wonderful night and my Tom Tom took me home just fine, even though he didn't appear to know where the museum was.

I was lazy and relaxed again this morning, texting my friend Gail at noon to see if she was up and about or looking for something to do. We met for brunchfast at a local diner. It's been a while since we went out to several craft sales and it was nice to be together again. She is much loved and I appreciate her friendship ever so much!

We were waiting for our food when I recognized a familiar face at another table. It was my fourth grade buddy Pam having a meal with her husband and a few friends. We shared a hug, some conversation, and a few laughs. There is nothing like old friends and it has been a weekend filled with them. My heart is not only full, but overflowing.


5 comments:

  1. My goodness! You had a Fun time seeing all your old friends! How wonderful...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, you made my heart so full and overflowing just reading your post. Being yummy lazy and seeking out friends is the best.
    I love the description of "long-loved friend" what a great description.
    Loved "brunchfest" too.
    At church yesterday we had one of those special times too. The couple in front of us , when they turned around was familiar. Pam and I went to the same church way back in the early 80's. We were both in leadership together and really got to know each other. Her marriage went sour and we both got involved in different places. Fast forward many more years and she had also moved to the area we live in now. Attended the same church again but rarely saw each other and she had remarried. Lost physical touch but FB kept us in the loop. , and now we are in contact again..small world..I love those special "God Winks".
    Have a great day and hope you got up and to work with no problems today.. (:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a "God smiling at me" weekend. My heart is filled to overflowing. He gives the most beautiful gifts.
      So happy to hear you found your friend too. Old friends just can't be replaced.
      I got to work just fine and I've already changed the alarm for tomorrow morning. (These varied starting times are too much! LOL!)
      :0)

      Delete
  3. What a heartwarming weekend! From the joy of music on Friday to a cozy Saturday morning and unexpected reunions at Kittleberger's, it sounds like a perfect blend of love and serendipity.

    Check out this page for information on Christmas furniture collection 2023 discounts and special offers on furniture.

    ReplyDelete