Thursday, December 07, 2023

Barbara Manatee!

Barbara was the star manatee in a Veggie Tales song...

I have been to Florida's Blue Spring Park twice before today, but both times, although we had a lovely walk, there were no manatees. It was just too warm. The manatees come into the spring when the water temperature in the St John's River drops. Manatee need warm water to thrive and the spring stays a toasty 72 degrees Fahrenheit making it an idea spot for them to congregate. Getting a clear photo was next to impossible. Ha ha! But I did try.




I've been enjoying my grandchildren. The smallest is an adorable friendly little one who had me sitting on the floor singing songs and looking at a book as soon as I came in the door. Her brothers have followed suit in a slower, but similar manner. The house is full of laughter and tears, running, and squeals of both frustration and delight. I feel right at home. LOL!

Yesterday and today were tired days. I woke up at 3:30 am on Wednesday to catch my 5:45 am flight, and sometimes airplanes affect my ears for a day or so after. Throw in  a change in the coffee consumption routine and it's a recipe for a dull headache and tired eyes. I took a good nap this afternoon and am feeling much better this evening.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you got to spend time with your babies...always fun but can get a bit tiring.
    Rest well!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time despite the headache..coffee is the prescription for you, me thinks.
    Enjoy every minute of those precious babies.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a wonderful time. The kids are fabulous! (And so is the coffee.)

      Delete
  3. Life is good if you have precious babies, and you have a quiver full. Blessings and fun with them.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quiver is definitely full! LOL!
      They keep life fun.
      I love you too!

      Delete
  4. Barbara Manatee, you are the one for me! Thanks, Martha, I'll be singing that all day now:). Those grandchildren look like some fun, what a nice December vacation. I wouldn't want to live there, but I do love visiting Florida...I've never seen the manatees....we saw a small alligator in the little pond behind the Wawa though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Della. I'm always here for a friend. LOL! I have yet to see an alligator. Maybe next time.
      :0)

      Delete