Thursday, September 14, 2023

Bits and Pieces

* I have been cleared to be alone with children. All pieces of my background check have come through. Although it feels frustrating while waiting, I totally understand the process. I believe in it. Quite honestly, every childcare worker should probably undergo periodic background checks even if they are working during the process. It only makes sense.

* The information overload that comes with a new job is starting to dissipate. I still have a ton to learn but it feels less overwhelming than it did a few weeks ago, or even last week for that matter. Keeping children safe is serious business, and apparently takes a lot more work that I ever realized (or I never would have had so many of my own...). And here I thought little kids were a piece of cake. ha ha! (That's #16 in the picture. Isn't she sweet?)

* Allergy testing is set for Tuesday morning before work. I am three day into no antihistamine and feeling itchy. Not quite as itchy as I felt two years ago when I went off Zyrtec cold turkey, but itchy nonetheless. Back then I eventually gave in and went back to taking Claritin. This time I have reduced the dose incrementally but still too fast to eliminate the itching altogether. I'm very curious what this round of testing will reveal.

* I'm looking forward to some fun in the next few weeks. I'm spending Saturday with Idris and Killian with plans to meet up with Nate and four more grandchildren. The next weekend my cousins and I will be manning a booth at the Grape Festival in Naples, NY, and the last weekend of September my friend Gail and I have plans to go to New Jersey. (I found a handful of glass and a perfect heart at the lake tonight and almost missed the sunset.)

* I'm looking forward to some future walks in the woods when the leaves start turning colors.

7 comments:

  1. So nice to read your post and the precious children that are in your care. I would put my children in your care anytime. You are so good at what you do. Love the sea glass. What a perfect heart!! Says you are loved. Hugs from CA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine working in any other capacity, although sometimes a bigger paycheck would be nice. LOL! I couldn't believe my find with that tiny heart. It has me a little curious. I wonder where it came from and what it's made of?
      Hugs to you and lots of love!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I love the heart!
    I know you'll enjoy the new job! Enjoy your trip...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that little heart fabulous?
      The new job just keeps getting better.
      :0)

      Delete
  3. So happy you are deemed "Safe" haha..glad things came through and now you can just love on those Littles.
    Sounds like you have some fun things planned and boy I really like that heart..what a find!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief to have that piece of the job settled. It's also wonderful having a great teacher to work with.
      That little heart made my day! And yes, there are some great things on the horizon.
      :0)

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear you're settling in to your new job.
    What a fun heart!

    ReplyDelete