Monday, September 18, 2023

We Played Outside

It's Monday, but I don't want this past weekend to get away without tucking it into a history folder. It was a beautiful weekend full of grandchildren. Ten of them.

Today is Hannah and Sergio's eighth wedding anniversary. On Saturday they took some time and spent the day together. I stayed with the boys again like I did last year. We had a great time. I took them to a fabulous playground at Webster Park. We spent a little bit of time down at the lake and then went back to the playground where we were met by my son Nate and his gang of four Littles. I kept it a secret from Idris and he was so excited when he saw them.

We spent five hours playing outside before heading home. A monarch butterfly danced around Idris and Wes and they sat atop a spinning climber. Killian and Lyla had a great time playing in the wood chips. And everyone had a blast climbing on the playground and going up and down the slide. At home I whipped up ten scrambled eggs and a stack of toast to feed the kids while Nathan took a snooze on the garage couch. Just a short nap. Enough time for Lyla to sneak a Cabbage Patch baby unnoticed into his arms. (How could I resist taking a picture?)

On Sunday I went to visit my beautiful Bethany and her family. Beth and I had some good Mom/daughter time, and later in the afternoon Nate and the gang came over for a little camp fire and some toasted marshmallows.


12 comments:

  1. A lovely daughter! Nothing much better that time spent with your girl...and the photo of Nathan is too funny!! lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, I'm so glad Nate's a good sport about it. Plus it reminds me of all the past photos of him sleeping on the couch with a real baby of his own. Those are sweet memories.

      Delete
  2. Definitely a weekend for the memory files!
    We had seven of ours together the previous weekend for a fun, busy time. Plus I was able to visit with my brother and his wife in person for the first time in over a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good one, Joeks. Wait. Seven grandkids, right? You don't have seven kids. Busy times with the kids are always memorable, and usually fun too.
      So glad you got to see your brother!

      Delete
    2. Yes, seven of the nine Grandkids!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a perfect weekend, full of kiddos, laughter and love.
    The sneaky photo of the Cabbage Patch "hug" is priceless.
    The special time with your daughter is definitely a win/win
    Love the butterfly dancing around your Grands..so special.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect. Absolutely!
      I had to take a picture of the Cabbage Patch hug. It looks so much like him and his own babies.
      The butterfly was unforgettable and so special!

      Delete
  4. That's so nice you took the boys so they could have some special anniversary time. Grandkids are amazing. I love that picture of Nathan with the doll, too sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly couldn't resist the picture. And I was honored to give Hannah and Sergio some away time. We all had a fabulous day!

      Delete
  5. What a fun post...I can't believe those boys. When did they get to big..of course I think the same about Tristan. I will always remember when Bethany came and stayed with us in California. That was a special time. So glad you could have some mother/daughter time.
    Loved all the photos.
    Wow...Hannah and Sergio,,,where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty wild, isn't it? Every child grows up fast than the last. I sure hope God has a bottle where he saves our time as well as our tears!
      LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

      Delete