Sunday, July 23, 2023

A Beautiful Weekend

It's been an absolutely beautiful weekend. Lots of sunshine, warm temperatures, and fresh air. I stopped to see Bethany for a hug and a visit on Saturday morning, caught up with my friend Laura a little after noon, and made a long lake visit in the evening, In between I did my laundry and took a nap on the futon.
 

I stayed at the lake extra long last night. I sat on a bench and read a couple chapters in my book, walked down to the old break wall, and then sat on the newer break wall, put my bare feet in the water, and read some more of my book. 

Today I went to Seabreeze Amusement Park with my family. We squeezed into one car rather than take two. It was a tight fit and reminded me of the circus trick where the clowns keep piling out of a miniature car. We rode the rides, played in the water and soaked in the sunshine. A thunderstorm skirted the edge of the park and we got a little rain, just a little, and then we rode a few more rides. I think we hit the best of them. If I get on the Jack Rabbit, The Bobsleds, and the Log Ride, it's been a successful Seabreeze trip. Today's was more than successful! 

There is nothing better for turbulent thoughts than sunshine, fresh air, nature and water. This evening my heart is full and settled.  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful, memory making weekend!
    Happy week to you!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was spectacular!
      Happy Week to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Can you see me smiling? What a fabulous weekend you had. Perfect therapy for your heart and soul. I love those special memory makers.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see you, Susan. :0)
      It was the perfect weekend.

      Delete