Friday, July 21, 2023

They Come in Threes

The past week and a half have been nothing short of a challenge in the relationship department. The debacle at work has been swept under the rug by everyone involved. No apologies offered, and I have yet to call my boss out on her betrayal. However, her actions given me the knowledge (again) that she is less than trustworthy. This has also been the final push toward actively pursuing alternative employment. There are daycare centers much closer to home, even walking distance. 

A couple of family situations have arisen (or re arisen) as well. I am learning how to speak my heart and mind which is often met with surprise or defense. It is my hope to let my perspectives be known without being angry or defensive myself, and to hear without judgement as well. This, unfortunately, takes practice and I haven't always been able to execute the skill without appearing somewhat abrasive. I hope those who love me will be patient as I try.

6 comments:

  1. Your life reminds me of Pilgrims Progress. I love you, and will continue to pray that those who love you and don't will understand the journey you are on and how hard each mountain and valley and pit is! I love Psalms...."Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me bless His Holy Name. He forgives our sins, heals our deseases, rescues us from the pit and crowns us with mercy and loving kindness. As hard as this life is, it's temporal. Heaven is forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is a wild and crazy journey. "Progress." Yes, there it is again.
      The Psalms are a beautiful reminder that I am not alone in the struggle called life. We are on the road together and we're all headed the same direction, so we might as well share the lunch and encourage each other along the way.
      I love you too!

      Delete
  2. I'm with you...find another position! You should be happy on the job, not miserable.
    Life is what We make it to be...Find another job, then tell your boss you quit.
    Big Hug
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For most of the last six years I have have enjoyed my job. There have been moments when I loved it, many times when my boss was nothing short of wonderful. Many were the days when it was a healing balm to my crushed and bleeding soul. It was this boss who allowed me multiple trips to the county courthouse and never complained, but there is a new element in the office these days and I fear it is this element that is stirring up dissension. It is time to make a break and move on.

      Delete
  3. This "Growing" is so hard..praying for your words and for the job that will be more satisfying to you. Its out there..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I'm afraid there's only one alternative to growing. Ha ha! It's never over until it's over.

      Delete