Thursday, January 12, 2023

January's Bits and Pieces

 We're almost halfway through January and I haven't posted anything... I wonder if I can remember anything from the past two weeks that is worth remembering?

- I'm staying home from work tomorrow. I didn't feel well yesterday, and I feel rather yucky today as well. Yesterday's I had body aches, today I can't shake a headache. I took a nap on my break. Drove my car down to the park, pulled the hood of my winter jacket up over my head, and went to sleep.

- I've built a few slab mugs at my pottery group (Man Hater's Club). Our new slab roller is quite fabulous! I also sat at the wheel a couple of weeks ago and threw a few bowls. Maybe they will be dry enough to trim tomorrow night, providing I feel well enough to go out in the evening.

- Today is Killian's birthday. Number 15 is two! Party on Sunday. 

- Wesley's birthday was January 1. Number 10 is now six! We had a fun little gathering in his honor on New Years Day with French toast and cake. Talk about sugar overload. Ha ha!

- My own Joe also had a birthday this month. Bethany thought is imperative to throw him a Halfway to 70 Party and so there was a gathering for him this past Sunday. That's right. Sunday's in January were made for birthday parties.

- Work has been going along. Sometimes it's exhausting, but it's almost always rewarding. The babies I started with in September are growing up, and I have a new baby coming on Mondays and Tuesdays. She is just 3 months old. Back to the beginning all over again... No wonder I'm tired. Ha ha!

- I had a lovely visit with my sister Priscilla on Saturday. We walked down to Main St for lunch at Simply Crepes where we shared an order of exquisite brussel sprouts and a Monte Crepe'O. It was absolutely fabulous!

8 comments:

  1. The days are flying by! I love all your sweet grandkids and their birthdays...You do well to keep up with so many. More to love! The mugs are so cute. Your Monte Carlo crepes sounds delicious. And I do love brussel sprouts. Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything Monte Cristo reminds me of you and it always feels like a hug. The days are absolutely flying! I can feel the wind in my hair!!!
      Love you!

      Delete
  2. The days are flying by! This month will soon be over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every month goes faster than the last and each grandchild grows up quicker.

      Delete
  3. I hope your time off from work will help you feel better. A little "me" time is doctor ordered.
    You have the cutest Grands and I'm glad you can celebrate with them.
    I really, really like that slab mug. Well done.
    It's hard to believe that January is half over already.
    Slow Down...it's hard to keep up.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little time off was a good decision.
      Gotta love those grands.
      I can't wait to see how the mugs turn out after they're glazed and fired.
      ((hugs to you!))

      Delete
  4. ...I'm assuming that you went to the new Simply Crepes in Webster. It sure a long time for them to open. Take care, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... on Saturday I was in Canandaigua with my sister, but on Sunday morning I was in Webster with my friend Laura. Nothing quite like Simply Crepes twice in one weekend!

      Delete