Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Jen's Choice

Goodwill wasn't part of my plan this morning but a small voice in the back of my mind urged me inside. I wandered aisles of castoff possessions wondering what treasure I might stumble upon. I don’t need more coffee mugs but I always look anyway, just in case, you know?
 
I scanned the shelf of mass produced mugs and picked up one with Disney character. It felt cheap and misshapen. My eyes fell upon a an obviously handmade cup, but it was clunky and uncomfortable. Then I saw her and knew right away that she was different. She is signed by the artist and even has a name. How sweet is that?
 
In November I signed up for an advanced wheel pottery class. It doesn’t start until mid January, but I’m just not there yet even though I’ve had my hands in the mud for years. I called and canceled last Friday. What I need is an intermediate wheel thrown class instead, and maybe that will happen in the next year, but the cup I bought today isn’t wheel thrown. 
 
On Friday nights my cousins and I do pottery together. Julie's husband has affectionately dubbed us "The Man Haters." We recently acquired a second hand electric slab roller from a retiring potter. Perhaps Jen's Choice, the cup I rescued from Goodwill, will be my inspiration to once again build some slab pottery. She’s so very beautiful. I really did find a treasure today.

4 comments:

  1. You found a wonderful treasure in that mug. How special. Like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that fabulous?!
      I think I heard God chuckle. Ha ha! He loves to surprise me in unexpected ways. What a fantastic Tuesday Treasure!!!
      And thank you. Sometimes I forget that I am special too.
      Love you so much!!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are special Martha!! I love your found treasure. I think it will be the inspiration for doing some slab pottery. you need to get your hands into it.. Love you
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to figure out how to do this and so it well. It might take a little practice but I'm looking forward to it.
      Love you too!

      Delete