Sunday, September 11, 2022

The Perfect Weekend

 It's been a phenomenal weekend. Full of everything lovely.

On Saturday my friend Laura and I went to the Clothesline Art Festival. Sunshine and summer filled the sky. We wandered the booths, took in the sights, and enjoyed each other's company. There was so much to see that we didn't even see it all. Paintings, pottery, leather crafts, jewelry... Just anything you might think of. We bought meatballs from a food truck, downed two bottles of water each, and cooled ourselves down in the shade of large trees. My sister Priscilla was there somewhere with a cousin, but we didn't see them. We did find my friend Dan sharing a booth with another potter from the studio, and Andy (also from the pottery studio) in his booth. I bought just one item. A small mug from Andy.

It was early afternoon when we left the city. Laura was longing for cold water in which to soak her feet and we were also hungry. We headed toward Seabreeze and each got a cheeseburger at Don and Bob's. From there were visited the small strip of beach next to the Irondequoit Bay Outlet. We took some pillows and blanket out of her car and lay down in the shade for a while before heading down to the water. I was wearing my jeans (silly me!) but that didn't stop me from going into the water. The sandbar was heavenly!

After retrieving my car I stopped at Bethany's for a baby butterfly bush. By that time it was already evening, but I wasn't quite ready to go home, so I drove down Lake Rd to my favorite spot. Such a beautiful sunset! It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.

Today's forecast turned from sunshine to rain, but that didn't stop us from going to the zoo. It simply served to thin the crowd that might have gathered otherwise. This too was a beautiful day, just a different kind from yesterday. I took a bazillion photographs!

6 comments:

  1. ...I love that art installation at MAG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantabulous day you had. I can hear the joy and peace in your words. We all need days like that to plow through the other ones. The craft fair sounds like something right up my alley.
    Rain makes it another kind of adventure..so fun and refreshing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am endeavoring to let go of the pain and embrace life with open arms. Let there be more fabulous weekends!!! And weekdays too, of course. LOL!
      :0)

      Delete
  3. Hi Martha, what a lovely weekend you had. An Art Festival is always a treat, despite it being so hot. And yes, a beautiful sunset over the water of Lake Ontario. Of course, you make me feel connected to my daughter across the water. Great to read you also have a zoo. They are fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Patricia. Yes, it was a very lovely weekend. Rainy again this afternoon but even that is lovely if one looks at it that way. I do remember your daughter being in Canada.

      Delete